Control-M for Hadoop automates Hadoop batch processing and enables Hadoop workflows to be developed, scheduled, managed, and monitored with all other enterprise workloads in a single solution. It takes the complexity out of Hadoop management, accelerating implementation and delivering more accurate results. BUSINESS CHALLENGE The data that Hadoop manages is often collected from different sources, such as enterprise data warehouses, relational databases, and traditional applications. These sources must be combined and synchronized to give Hadoop the timely input it needs. This integration is difficult to build, and development is typically done with scripts, which are time consuming to develop and maintain. This complexity limits the speed at which Hadoop applications can be delivered, making it difficult to adapt to the challenges posed by increasingly diverse infrastructure, disparate data, and accelerated applications. BMC SOLUTION Control-M delivers the next wave of IT automation—Digital Business Automation— moving beyond traditional workload automation and adapting to modern IT technologies and processes. Control-M for Hadoop streamlines and simplifies Hadoop batch processing. It shortens development time by providing an intuitive interface for building workflows. It also includes native support for Hadoop, traditional platforms and applications, and file transfers, making it easier to create batch flows. By simplifying workflow creation and management, Control-M for Hadoop helps enterprises get more out of their big data initiatives.
- Control-M for Hadoop simplifies workflow creation and management.
- Familiar interface – Manage Hadoop workloads through a simple drag-and-drop interface that provides universal visibility and control for all enterprise workloads
- Flexible ecosystem support – Apache® Spark™ , Apache® Oozie™ , Apache® DistCP® , Apache® Impala, and other jobs can all run through Control-M for Hadoop
- Increased availability – The co-location requirement for IBM® CICS® /IBM® DB2® , CICS/ IBM® IMS™ DB, IMS TM/DB2 is no longer an issue, allowing data access calls to be redirected upon a DB2 or IMS system failure and increasing availability
- Improved reliability – Detects and prevents potential problems with forecasting features and predictive analytics; restarts can be attempted automatically without requiring human intervention
- Makes implementation fast and accurate by replacing manual scripting with automated workflow management and data integration, dramatically shortening development time, preventing coding errors, and reducing time-to-value
- Improves business focus instead of spending time building connectors and coordinating multiple tools