Control-M Workload Change Manager is a collaboration portal that automates and simplifies application workflow creation and modification, resulting in faster application implementation and improved service delivery.
Schedulers and developers may have competing responsibilities and priorities, which can create delays and conflicts that slow the development cycle. Many application development organizations are slowed by their manual processes for creating and modifying workflows and getting them into production. These tasks are often handed over to a scheduling specialist who is also responsible for managing all other enterprise workflows. Businesses need a way for schedulers and developers to collaborate so that they can become more agile in the delivery of applications.
Control-M delivers the next wave of IT automation—Digital Business Automation— moving beyond traditional workload automation and adapting to modern IT technologies and processes. Enterprises need the ability to quickly create and deliver new services. Control-M Workload Change Manager gives developers the ability to quickly build and modify workflows that adhere to enterprise-defined standards that are automatically enforced. Automation features manage important quality control functions and reduce deployment time, while schedulers retain authority for approving workflows and putting them into production. The solution decentralizes the workflow development process without compromising quality or control.
- Control-M Workload Change Manager saves time for the professionals who develop applications and those that schedule and run them.
- Fast, easy, and accurate – Allows developers and other non-IT staff to quickly develop and modify workflows with an intuitive interface
- Automated standards, development, and enforcement – Defines standards for multiple environments or applications to ensure workflows are accurate
- Clarity in a dynamic environment – Shows all workflows in a single interface, allowing everyone to easily see the relationship between net new workflows and related existing jobs
- Cuts development time – Delivers business applications faster with expedited workflow creation by deflecting routine help desk calls; reusable components can accelerate the change cycle up to 80 percent
- Eases the burden on schedulers – Empowers developers and business users to create their own workflows, while production support staff retains control of approval and scheduling