Discovery (formerly BMC Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping or ADDM) creates a dynamic, holistic view of all data center assets and the relationships between them, giving IT crucial visibility into how the assets support the business. Each scan delves into the information and dependencies for all software, hardware, network, storage, and versions, providing IT with the context needed to create an application map from any piece of information about it. A lightweight footprint allows IT to map applications with up to 100% accuracy in 15 minutes or less.
Maintaining data center asset and dependency information is a challenge. Application mapping hinges on precise asset accountability; without it, data center decisions are based on best guesses. IT cannot consolidate and prioritize fixes, perform audits, and know what assets support which parts of the business. Application discovery and dependency mapping are interrelated and should come from a single, trusted solution.
With Discovery, IT can quickly link infrastructure and software to how it impacts the business to optimize capacity, ensure stronger security, and improve service, change, and problem management.
- Discovery is much more than a data center asset discovery solution.
- 3 clicks to insight – Provides a single point of entry into all components of the IT infrastructure with an index search engine
- Start-anywhere application mapping – Starts mapping an application from any piece of information about it
- 3,500+ data center assets covered – Ensures that every component in your data center is discovered
- Open discovery – No matter what solutions you use, there is a single trusted source of information leveraged by many different systems
- Event-driven updates – React to infrastructure and software changes as they occur
- Studies have shown a five-year average ROI of 470% for Discovery customers, with a payback period of only 8 months
- Security Operations can perform essential prevention and detection, including locating servers that could be back door entry points, quickly identifying applications affected by a breach, and running a quick scan for OpenSSL
- Planning for cloud is made simpler with easy identification of assets and their dependencies to improve decisions on which assets to move to the cloud and which assets to retire