The solution gives organizations control of their Oracle estate thanks to the ability to collect data and report on all server hardware and configuration, database products and editions, database Options and associated usage, Management Packs and associated usage, feature usage and named users.
SNOW ORACLE MANAGEMENT OPTION AT A GLANCE:
- Full recognition of Oracle databases, including versions and edition
- Identification of active Management Packs and Options
- Active user tracking • Full customer-side visibility of audit results
- Dynamic population of the Oracle Server Worksheet (OSW)
- Automatic calculation of core factors.
- Reduced costs with proactive license management
- Avoid overspend on options and management packs
- Minimise risk in clustered environments
- Implement in no time • Save time and resources with automated OSW
- Calculate core factors automatically
- Visualise Oracle database in the datacentre
|Snow’s Oracle Management Option provides organizations with the means to independently assess
their Oracle software usage and licensing obligations, providing an accurate
customer view on
software installs, Management Pack and Option activation and actual usage levels.
|Oracle management provides you to independently assess and verify your oracle software usage giving you and accurate view of the software installed,
management packs and option usage,
usage levels and number of individual users that has been created in the oracle database.
It also enables all orders to be managed and assigned to specific servers within the oracle estate.
|Snow Software’s Oracle Management Option is the most effective way to optimize investment in Oracle databases, reducing the reliance on costly consultants by automating key data collection and consolidation tasks. Oracle’s licensing model is complex.
Users are required to factor into their license entitlement calculations the hardware processing power, details of whether expensive management packs and
options have been enabled and the numbers of users requiring access –
both directly and indirectly.