Automatically recognize the applications across your network.
Snow’s Software Recognition Service takes the legwork and guesswork out of recognizing and understanding what software applications have been installed across the multi-site, multi-platform network. The Software Recognition Service provides Snow License Manager customers with daily updates, supporting automatic recognition, normalization and categorization of more than 482,000 applications from around 77,500 software publishers.
The Software Recognition Service starts the moment audit data is imported from the inventory solution into Snow License Manager. The same process is applied regardless of which supported inventory solution is used.
Snow’s Software Recognition Service demonstrates the commitment to building a true SAM community where all members share the benefits of better software recognition and enhanced licensing intelligence. With more customer organizations and SAM service providers using the Snow platform than any other SAM solution, the Snow community enjoys more accurate software recognition more quickly.
- All program files are matched against Snow’s software recognition engine, which covers around6 77,500 software publishers and over 482,000 applications out-of-the-box.
- The software recognition engine is updated dynamically on a daily basis
- Automatic hits are immediately shown in the asset repository of Snow License Manager – showing the accurate vendor name, product name, version and edition
- Applications installed as part of a suite or commercial bundle are automatically grouped to aid license management
- Automatic suggestions for the most common metric by which an application is licensed, such as ‘per user’, ‘per device’ or ‘per core’.
- Applications are grouped into families to automatically identify upgrade and downgrade rights
- Application release date information provides insight into what version that customers are entitled to use under maintenance agreements
- Information about unrecognized files are automatically uploaded to the Snow Software Recognition Service team for processing
- Processed files are added to the global recognition database and will appear in Snow License Manager(for ALL customers)
- A built-in SKU repository of over 794,000 SKUs (May 2017) with advanced license intelligence simplifies data on import and registration of new and existing licenses removing time-consuming manual effort.
- The SKU repository is updated dynamically on a daily basis
|Snow’s Software Recognition Service provides the largest continually updated database of software titles and vendors in the world. Automatically recognising hundreds and thousands of applications suites and bundles from ten thousand of software vendor.|
|Whether you using snow inventory or a supported third party IT Asset Discovery solution,
Snow software recognition services cleanses and normalizes the inventory to ensure common and consistent data is presented both in snow licensing management reports and third party CMDB’s.
|Snow’s Software Recognition Service takes the legwork and guesswork out of recognizing and understanding what software applications have been installed across the multi-site, multi-platform network.
The Software Recognition Service provides Snow License Manager customers with daily updates, supporting automatic recognition, normalization and categorization of more than 489,000 applications from around 77,800 software publishers.